20,10,2020
In the day, that's like a day,
And the one, that's like a month,
And that, which is a year
In the day where history resounds its horror, when
Bloods were Feasting On Bloods, and
Blooders Feasted On their Own Blooders.
And, the trust giver was starved by the trustee,
Claiming the former pesters inconsiderately of the mandate.
Alas!
What patience do I have when Abdul, Tony and Oluwaseyi
Were murdered in cold blood by the marauding blood-suckers?
What patience, when Chidioma and Tella fall victims,
And fell like a heavy log chopped in the timberland, crying for help?
What calmness do I pose when the horror to come knows no bounds,
Which make parents tear over the gore that consumes the children?
Why do I, when at peace sons bury the father, but now father to sons?
Memories of flowing pools of innocent blood and bestiality engulfing youth
Heighten my inquisition for the bloods.
Better to SORO SOKE when possibility of tomorrow seems questionable,
And security of life is uncertain, all resting in the hands of predators.
But then! One thick voice attracts a live bullet.
I must tell to posterity, how
Everything seems divided at one
Night. I must tell how
Destiny espoused us to kleptomanic politics that
Strangled the possibilities of life and hope
After now. I must narrate the incident of the Black Tuesday, and its
Rape of lives of peaceful protesters occasioned by
Silent and anti-pathetic power-mongers
Of the atrocities, the weak of them accuse the strong forces;
And the strong, poke the stronger.
I am not unaware, this Land knows one law;
Either you eat somebody or you got eaten.
In dilemma, I forged new hopes,
For the war is either lose-lose on them, or WIN-WIN on my end.
Comments
Post a Comment